Wednesday, December 09, 2009

One Deranged Fish, One Defamed Cat

I just wanted to clear Kitty's name.

Pumpkin jumped. Kitty actually saved his life by being on the scene last night-otherwise we never would have seen Pumpkin laying there looking like a little red grape (which are often found on my kitchen floor).

How do I know this?

Last night, I put Pumpkin on top of the refrigerator, a place where Kitty for sure couldn't reach. This morning, I went downstairs to see if Pumpkin was still alive; he was swimming around as good as new. I woke up Juan Carlos a few minutes later to tell him the good news. When we went into the kitchen, the bowl was empty, and there was Pumpkin, looking like a grape again on the floor.

I think it's a cry for help-had he really wanted to commit suicide he would have jumped during the middle of the night-he waited until he knew we were up.

7 comments:

Janice said...

Thank goodness you cleared that up!

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

I am sure that Kitty thanks you for clearing his (Her? ) name :)

Sounds like a lidded tank is in order.

I recognize MR Santa from your posts last year. He needs a tan :)

I don't know about Colorado, but Utah has had a full helping of snow this week.

Ballerina Girl said...

I think he needs oxygen...
uh-oh, lots Rs. about to be spent at the pet store ;)
then again, vacation is coming up!

BG

Lynne said...

Bryan had a fish that liked to jump out of his tank. I don't think he made it though. Love the Santa picture.

Janet said...

Ha ha that happened to me when I was single living in Provo. We couldn't figure out how that darn fish got out of the bowl and onto the floor.
Nice job on the Thanksgiving dinner and piano recital. I remember playing Fur Elise at my first, and only, recital. I quit after that. :)

Anonymous said...

Fill the tank with less water, then he won't jump--something all Beta fish do.
Good luck.

Kari said...

Ha-now that made me chuckle! Actually I heard/read that Betta fish are from Thailand, and they live "in the wild" in puddles. Maybe they instinctively jump to get to the next puddle, when theirs starts to dry up or there's no more food in theirs.