Monday, November 14, 2011

Confirming My Suspicions

Walking in heels for me is not a comfortable task. I've never been good at it-but I had hoped that after 37 years of life maybe it wasn't too noticeable and I wasn't too awkward. Is it asking too much that after 10 years of life in Latin America where all the women seem to don heals to go to the grocery store and school functions-that just a little of that would rub off on me? Just a teeny, itty-bitty bit?


Today, as I was walking through the hall at church, a older woman was coming towards me and after watching me for a second, cocked her head to the side and said, "Oh honey, what did you do? Are you hurting?"

Apparently, it is that noticeable and I am that awkward.

Ugggh!

Oh well-I think I'd better console myself with some new (non-high heel) shoes.

7 comments:

Ballerina Girl said...

ok, I will give you lesson ;)

Love you just the way you are!
BG

Janice said...

That is actually really funny.

Fabiola said...

Oh well, what can I say... Until I entered the work force, I wasn't a big heel fan, after that it was almost mandatory. Now that I am pregnant, I am having trouble to wear heels they way I used to. So, one day I wear heels, the other day I wear flats.


Thank you so much for the birthday wishes.

PS: I will write more about the big change this week. Let me tell you one of your guesses is almost 100% right ; )

Unknown said...

I am not a fan of heels and have no desire to wear them. I look for shoes with no hint of a heel on them. :-)

Kari said...

People say the weirdest things with the best intentions, I've decided. My most memorable comment received (??!?!) was from a church member who watched me walk down the hall. "Kari, you have a really...interesting walk." And that's all she said. What am I supposed to do with that? Anyway you probably look fine. :)

Maine Mom said...

I hope you are having a Merry Christmas season!

lol accounts said...

Because of the quantities Crossy Road will be producing, there are many spinoffs and other video game titles out currently because folks try to drive your impulse Crossy Path has generated.Despite all that, Crossy Street offers broken this tens of millions of downloading level and did it within something like 20 days of released.Once we speak about this 10 million obtain range we are not these are designs with the recreation throughout wholly programs. lol accounts euw
lol accounts na