Well,I'm back. I had a super time in Houston. Here's a recap.
1. Flying. Not only did I get to fly without children, but I got to fly first-class. Guapo travels a lot and so he gets bumped up when there is an opening. He is always so sweet to let me have the seat in first-class while all 6 foot 4 inches of him sits back in coach. While I was enjoying steak and cheesecake, he was back trying to wash down a huge roll with a little piece of cheese and meat that were lost in the middle.
Yep, that's a little chocolate on the bed.
3. Showering/going to the bathroom by myself. No explanation necessary.
Stores visited in a 1 1/2 day period:
1. Target (2X)
2. Walmart (2X)
4. Motherhood Maternity
6. Old Navy
7. JoAnn Fabrics
10. Barnes and Noble
11. Toys R Us
13. Some other toy store, I can't remember the name
14. Some other fabric store
15. Lakeshore toys
Stores I avoided like the plague:
1. Bath and Body Works
2. The Container Store
3. DSW Shoes
Things learned about Houston/Houtonians
1. They have a great love for the frontage road.
2. They do not like it when I drive like a Big City Mexican.
3. Dollar stores are very, very popular.
1. Maternity clothes purchased. I really hate buying maternity clothes. They will sit in my closet until I absolutely have to wear them. I am still wearing my regular jeans, but I'm having to unbutton them at night and after I eat. I will resort to using a rubber band before I will put on maternity pants.
2. Christmas shopping: 95% done and it isn't even November. I am so proud of myself.
Important purchases made:
1. My first pair of grown up black pumps. (you didn't think I could go shopping without buying some shoes, did you?) I have really never owned my own pair of black high heels.
Aren't they pretty? I have to practice walking in them before I actually wear them in public.
2. Tums. They have tums here (how could they not?), but not the berry flavor. I am coming into some rough heart-burn filled months. Must have berry-flavored tums.
3. Reese's cups. Yum.
And now I'm back in Big City trying to make it through the 100 halloween activites we have. More soon.