Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane Big Bus

Well, I'm off to Sao Paulo tomorrow with Margarita and Julio for their Destination Imagination competition. Thanks to me and my (irrational) fear of flying without my kids, Ballerina Girl and I are going to suffer through a bus ride (with 20+ kids) that takes anywhere from 5-8 hours, depending on whom you ask. Did I mention I get carsick?

Sounds like fun, eh?

It's a humbling experience for me to see Juan Carlos (6 years old) crying tonight because I'm leaving. I spend a fair amount of time feeling frustrated with my kids; so to see one of them crying because I'm not going to be here, when I sometimes feel like they'd be happier if I wasn't around nagging them about this or that, makes me feel grateful that kids love so unconditionally.

That's all. I'll be back Sunday.

3 comments:

Janice said...

Have a fun trip. I wish I were with you. I really do. I love long bus rides.

Maine Mom said...

I hope you have a fun time and I hope that you don't get bus sick! It sounds like a loud, crazy time, which means you are a great mom for going. :-)

Good luck Margarita and Julio!

Fabiola said...

God bless you. I was wondering when that HUGE storm started yesterday, if you were arriving by bus or by plane.

And as per BG email you arrived in the middle of the storm.

I will call you later in the day today!!! Enjoy the crazy city ; )