When we announced we were getting a puppy the majority of the responses had something to do with how having a puppy is akin to having a newborn again.
Last time I checked, my newborns didn't:
- leave puddles and piles randomly throughout the house
- bite my other children
- hoard shoes into their crib
- make the cats hiss and run
- run away when I open the door
- eat cat poop from the litter box
That said, we're having fun with little Cuecas. And whoever dreamt up crate training was an absolute genius. We can leave the house without worrying about what kind of mess we'll come home to and he sleeps through the night in it (which makes him a bit easier than a newborn-but only in that regard).
We've decided, while we're at it, we might as well crate train Pedro, since it's working so well with the dog. He's taken quite well to it:
Anyone want to babysit over Thanksgiving?