Monday, June 30, 2008

One More Sleep!

Guapo gets here in the morning! Yeah!

We are picking him up at the airport and are heading directly for Water World, a huge water park in Denver. I have always wanted to take the kids, but have never been able too because we have always had one too small to handle the long day in the sun. But now that Vanessa's here, we can do it. Vanessa, Pedro, and my mom will spend the day shopping for bargains (Vanessa's husband is sending her a little more money as she now has NO money left! My mom deserves a medal for all the shopping she's done with Vanessa.).

Poor Guapo will probably be shot after traveling for 18 hours, but he's willing, so we're going for it!

It has been a great few days watching my kids make friends with the neighborhood kids and play outside until I absolutely insist that they come in. They just don't get that in our nomadic-city-living lifestyle. To watch them doing the same things I did when I was their age in the same cul-de-sac has brought tears to my eyes more than once. I am so thankful that my parents have kept their house even though they could have downsized long ago-it has been a stable point in the lives of my kids the last 7 years-really, the only household that hasn't changed since we left the States. :)

14 comments:

utmommy said...

Glad you and the kids are enjoying your visit!

Maine Mom said...

Water World sounds fun! That is so great that your kids have made friends with the neighborhood kids. I bet they are having an awesome vacation. :-) I hope Guapo arrives safely.

Ballerina Girl said...

That is so wonderful for your bunch Gabs. I wish mine did the same, but unfortunately the house is still the same for me, but the neighborhood has changed quite a bit.
Have so much fun at WaterWorld! Yea, Guapo is coming. Very exciting!
Miss u and see u soon!
BG

Code Yellow Mom said...

Aw...that makes me feel nostalgic for your cul-de-sac and I haven't even lived there. Roots are so nice, aren't they?

I've never made it to Water World, either...Sounds like a fun day! Enjoy!!!!

Is Vanessa going to make the baggage limit with all her shopping? (*wink*)

Janet said...

Sounds fun! I love that my parents still live in the same house too.

Don't worry about the nursing thing. I hung onto it for a measly 4 hour flight. :) When we get back, it's all over for poor Justin.

Super Happy Girl said...

YAY for everyone having fun!!

I know my money would have been gone by now also ;)

marine's words said...

sounds like you and your family are having so much fun! marina

Janice said...

I haven't been to Water World in years! How fun.

Anonymous said...

The "kids in the hood" are missing their new Brazilian friends. You'd better get back to your mama's. It's so quiet on the cul-du-sac.

Kari said...

Water World!!!! That place is so great!!!!! We'd go there when I was in jr. high school and high school. (Suddenly I remember a song by Depeche Mode, I think we listened to it on the way to Water World one day...funny how your memory works?) Have so much fun :)

Karla said...

I'm so glad you and the kids are having a great time! Hooray for Guapo joining you. He ought to be given an award for agreeing to travel for so long and then go to water world! I bet he misses you and the kids a ton. Time for him to join the fun!

marine's words said...

whishing you and your faimly a Happy 4th of July :),marina

Erickson Family said...

Thanks for sticking with me and not giving up. You are my ultimate blogging hero!

i'll have to catch up on your blog so that i can comment appropriately. *sigh*

Waterworld sounds like a "blast" (no pun intended). Enjoy!

Super Happy Girl said...

"One More Sleep!"

:D
Aww, good memories Gabs.