First off, let me apologize for being a bad blog friend. Something is wacky with Bloglines, it has stopped tracking several of my favorite blogs. If you haven't seen me around your blog for a while, that's why.
Ok. On to "The List". Julio (7 years old) has been making very long, very detailed lists that include super cute drawings, about what he wants to do during our trip the States. Unfortunately, his medium of choice always seems to be pencil, so I'm not going scan it, but I am going to type the list out, just as he has it (read: I don't have to spell check because you'll never know if it was a typo, or that's how he spelled it).
We will be making three stops on our trip: Texas, Colorado, and Utah. His list is therefore divided into three parts:
- play with Mariana and Daved (my friends' grandkids)
- Play with Lady (my friends' dog)
- go swimming
- hide and seek
- go shoping with Nathan (Nathan in my friends' 17 year old son, I'm sure he'll be thrilled)
- make a worolpool (he means whirlpool; the kids get into the jacuzzi and run around the edge in a circle and get going really fast)
Coloradow (not a typo folks)
- alpine slide
- bickes (bikes)
- hicking (hiking)
- Say hello to Daian (Diane is my mom's neighbor)
- eat lunch at Chuky cheese
- eat sireeal for breckfast (cereal)
- play outside
- go to the park
- play bachy (bocci-you know, lawn bowling)
- go to the rexseter (rec center)
- shoping for toys
- play with the cosons (cousins)
- coson camp (cousin camp-hosted by my very brave MIL each summer)
- swim in stream
- catch snakes (not while I'm there I hope!)
- cousin sleep together
- cool toy store
- water park
- tag in yard
- build a bear work shop
- water fountins (fountains-the ones at Gateway)
- Temple square
So, there's our list for the summer! I would make a few additions, like eating some decent ice cream, drinking LOTS of milk, and drinking directly from the faucet after I brush my teeth.
T minus 26 hours and I'm not all the way packed. Agggggggh!!!
Maid update: Vanessa is seriously scared to get on the plane. It didn't help her last week to watch the news coverage about that plane in Sudan that caught on fire after it had crash landed.
She called today to ask me if the seats on a plane are very close together, because she doesn't want to be alone. She'll soon see how annoyingly close they are!
I am feeling relieved that she will be there to help me on the flight, but also like I will be traveling with 5 kids instead of 4!
Signing out until Houston.