Sunday, January 17, 2010

What I'll Miss

Well, it's that time again. Time to back up the bags (a serious undertaking) and head down south for the next 5 months give or take a day or two.




So, here's what I'll miss, and what I'm looking forward to in Brazil (in no particular order. Well, except for the part about Gaupo :) ).

What I'll Miss:

-Redbox (how cool is Redbox?)

-Not shaving my legs

-Running in cool weather (despite the fact that it didn't happen nearly often enough)

-Sleeping in (we've been getting up around 9:30 am everyday, which is 2:30 pm in Rio. Could be a rough adjustment.)

-Good ice cream

-My Mommy

-Not having a maid

-Being around family

-Target

-My latest fashion faux-pas:

Furry Crocs. Most comfortable thing EV-ER.

-Dressing like a slob and fitting in just fine (as opposed to dressing like a slob and feeling like a dork in Brazil)

-Amazon (how will the UPS guy survive without his daily trip to my parents' house?)

-Driving

-Church in English

-Church at the correct temperature (our chapel in Rio is the only one without AC and the temp has been over 100)

-Feeling relatively safe all of the time

-Doing a load of laundry in less than 4 hours

-The snow

-Milk

-Getting wrapped up in a super soft blanket at night to read


What I'm looking forward to:

-Seeing Gaupo

-My skin not looking like leather because of the cold, dry air

-My kids going back to school and Pedro starting preschool in February

-Wearing flip-flops 90% of the time

-Having full use of my iPhone

-Playing tennis (if my elbow ever heals)

-Hanging out with Ballerina Girl

-Not packing up and moving 5 or 6 people every week

-Not having to wear panty hose to church

-Having a maid

-Drinking Guarana (Brazilian Soda)

-Eating the wonderful fresh fruits

-Not being a single parent

-More blogging (I promise!)

-Taking the kids swimming

-Seeing Ron and Kitty

-Running on the beach


We had a memorable vacation and ejoyed spending time with almost all of our family. I can't believe it's already time to go back.

Wish me luck tomorrow. I can think of about 1,000,001 things I'd rather do than travel by myself with the kids for 20 hours.

5 comments:

andalucy said...

Good luck, Gabs! I truly hope it is as painless as possible. I'm glad you had such a relaxing States visit.

Lynne said...

Question--why do you have to wear pantyhose here in the US to church? I wear them because I get cold but most of my friends and women in my ward don't wear them at any time of the year. Is it to keep your legs warm or some other reason? Good luck on the trip home!

Ballerina Girl said...

Wishing you all the luck you will need and
I CAN'T WAIT TO YOU ALL GET HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have missed you guys and are really looking forward to getting back together!
I hope that elbow heals soon....
and Pedro in school? Wow, I am seeing a real long breakfast at Cafeina to celebrate!

Love u!
BG

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

That is the way with almost all transistions- the good and the less good. Hope you had a great visit- !

utmommy said...

Love your lists! I sure wish i was wearing flip flops 90% of the time now!

Travel safe!