Friday, July 28, 2006

Bowling: Good, Clean (mostly), Cheap, Family Fun

We are not a big bowling family; I'd say I go on an average once every 5 years or so. We haven't gone the last two years because bowling in Small Town costs a small fortune. On Monday we went to a little bowling alley in Heber with 6 adults and 6 kids.

Thanks to Guapo, I've got some great pictures of myself from behind. Check this form:


You'll be shocked to learn I rarely break 100 points.

And here I am after I have sat on a puddle of Sprite that Julio spilled on my seat:


The kids had a BLAST. Aren't bumpers wonderful?

Here's Juan Carlos (3 yrs old) experimenting with kicking the ball instead of rolling it (receiving some coaching from Julio):


It would take that ball what seemed like an eternity to make it down the lane:



Margarita (8 yrs old) was ticked because Julio (and Juan Carlos, I think) beat her. She sat around and whined and cried for about a half an hour and then told Guapo she was going to challenge all the kids to a running race when they got home so she could beat them all . I just can't imagine where she gets her competitive spirit from!

And finally, you can see my best score EVER. 129. And until the last few frames I was on track to take Guapo down. Unfortunately, he maintained his cool better than I did and pulled out the spare in his last frame. Dang it.


It was a tough blow. Margarita and I ended up pouting together.

15 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

Dang, I was hoping you would take the game right up to the end.

You.are.lucky. The HIGHEST I have ever bowled was an 81. :(

Code Yellow Mom said...

Fun times! I used to love bowling, and now I can't remmeber the last time I went.

I need to teach my three-year-old to kick the ball down the lane. :)Keeps them occupied for a long, loooong time.

Good times.

Anonymous said...

We took our kids bowling for the first time a week ago -- I should have video-ed it too! It is pretty miraculous that some of those shots make it all the way down floor!

utmommy said...

Bowlinig sounds fun! I rarely break 100.

Kristen said...

Sounds fun! I haven't been bowling in years. I used to be kind of good actually.

I love the picture of him kicking the ball. Too cute!

Bright One said...

Watching that video was fun...such anticipation! Also can I just say I'd KILL my husband if he took pictures of me from behind bending over!

Millie said...

Love the butt spot! ;)

I love bowling, and my proudest bowling moment was the time in high school that I snagged a 7-10 split.

It is really fun. We took the kids and they mostly loved it, but I think they thought it would be easier than it was.

the lizness said...

the video is in slow mo did you know? oh that's real time? :)

Lana said...

we have never taken our kids bowling, and just think of all the fun missing!

momofalltrades said...

OMGosh, you posted a picture with SCHMUTZ on your BUTT!!! You.are.my.hero.

Karla said...

I love the bumpers too. I always have them up for the "kids" (tee hee)

Super Happy Girl said...

The sprite spot was the first thing I saw, sorry I looked at your bum :P

Dueling pouters, so much fun. I don't know how high my best score is, we bowl once every blue moon.

Deannna - Younique Presenter said...

NO WAY!! I was just working on a post about bowling! nice sprite bum, I thought I had a spot on my computer at first! looks like fun

Anonymous said...

Looked so fun...too bad we'll still be in small town, so bowling will have to wait.

I thought the kicked ball was going for a strike!

Anonymous said...

BOwling!! I love bowling. Where are you guys now??