Saturday, July 08, 2006

A Hodge Podge from Small *Ski* Town

Wow, I've been a bad blogger this week. I am out of my normal blogging niche; not being in Small Town, I have been at a loss of what to blog about. So, here's a little bit about our week.

First, the shoe report. I will not divulge all of my purchases here but I will show you my new favorite pair (don't worry Guapo, I haven't broken into double digits. Yet.):

I love these! Just $10.00 from Marshalls and they are SOOOOOO comfortable.

Every time I come to the States I say to myself, "This time I will try to buy things so I can look more, put together." And, every time, I return with a mish-mash of t-shirts and jeans. So, this time I called in reinforcement: my fashionista sister-in-law. We went shopping and she was in charge. She even picked out the scariest part of a wardrobe for me: accessories.

Last night she came over and put together outfits for me and I took pictures of each one so I can remember them later. She was AMAZING. With 3 skirts, some jeans, 1 pair of pants, a couple of jackets, and some cute tanks and shirts (and my new shoes of course!) created like a zillion outfits for me. She was on fire. She did things with my clothes that I didn't know were possible.

Finally, at midnight, when my brain was mush and my eyes were blood-shot, I made her go home; I think she could have gone on for a couple more hours. Thank goodness I took pictures, otherwise I don't think I could remember anything today. Here are a couple of examples:

The scary thing was, Margarita (8 yrs old), who has never shown an interest in clothes, was totally enthralled. She sat there until the bitter end asking, "What are you going to do next?" Beware Guapo, things could get really, really bad.

It is always wonderful to be in the States for the Fourth of July. It was a great day except for that the fireworks show was cancelled due to rain. But, they had it the next night. Julio was so tired by the time they got the show underway that he fell fast asleep. Luckily, he awoke just to catch the finale.

Julio sleeping

See the little teeny firework? I don't know how to use my camera. That's as good as it gets.

My dad taught Juan Carlos (3 yrs old) how to roast marshmallows:

marshmellow

Appetizing, no?

And today, we finally made it up to our home in the mountains. It is the most peaceful place in the world to me. We bought it last year, fully furnished and ready to use. The view is amazing. I wanted to post a picture of it, but it was raining when we arrived. So here's the cloudy view; it's still pretty.



Here's the kids' favorite part of the house:

Moses

When we bought the house, the owners sent us a list of all of the furnishings. This guy was listed as "Moses the Moose". I am not a fan of hunting, so it kind-of creeped me out at first, but he is such a part of this house. When the kids enter or leave they talk to Moses as if he were a person, "Hi Moses. How are you doing?" "Moses, we missed you so much!"

And when were not here in Small Ski Town they sit and contemplate about how Moses is doing without us. So cute.

Poor Moses is still wearing his Christmas hat. Tomorrow I will have to get out his spring hat. Or maybe my sister-in-law has some fresh ideas for Moses...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving the shoes!! How much does your SIL charge for her fasion advice. I need some major help in maternity clothes this year.

Millie said...

Good grief, you're going to look like a million dang dollars. SIL needs to come over here and accessorize my Old Navy T-shirts and jeans and flip flops.

I think Moses looks adorable in his Christmas hat. And just think, you'll never have to re-decorate him.

Anonymous said...

Lovely shoes and great view!

Blackeyedsue said...

Your house has an amazing view!

Um, does your SIL have a fashion blog yet? She needs to get on the ball!

The mallows look divine!

Deannna - Younique Presenter said...

LOL about the marshmallows! Love the flip flops! I live in flip flops and need to find some that are more dressy since I live for comfort. I seriously need wardrobbe help too, I'm a t-shirt and jeans mom. great ideas, you'll have to post more outfits so I can copy them.

Super Happy Girl said...

Does your SIL ever come to the northwest? can she give a class? can she start a blog? I also need help accessorizing, 'cause right now there's none of that going on.

The outfits are great. Loved the marshmallows (\likes them well done I assume), the baby fireworks, and Moses!, please taken a picture of his summer look, please?

Your mountain home looks awesome!

Grammy said...

Welcome home! It's nice to know you're only a couple of states away. Your shoes/outfits are great, but I ALWAYS think you look terrific. Have a wonderful and safe vacation. With Moses keeping guard, how could you miss?

Nettie said...

I so need a SIL like that! I have to say I love the marshmellows and Moses. I've heard of people getting a bonus cat with a home purchase, but never a stuffed moose! I think he needs a flowery easter bonnet and some hot pink sunglasses.

Anonymous said...

Send your sister-in-law to my house!!! My entire wardrobe (which, I might add is a beautiful rainbow in my closet thanks to you!), is entirely t-shirts and jeans! I was looking at clothes the other day and felt like crying...I had no clue! I hope your vacation is great!

smart mama said...

send the fashionista my way- looks like you are having a fab time-- good marshalls finds

Erickson Family said...

Wow -- house in the mountains, real life in Mexico, and Texas in between. You have an amazing life! I love reading about it. (And I love the fashion too -- I need more of that in my life!)

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute shoes and great, great outfits! Would SIL want to visit Small Town? Just say the word and I'll be her host in a flash. Only free fashion advice in exchange! I'm so happy that you're having a blast!

I can just picture your three kids talking to/about Moses. Hugs to them!

Do keep blogging regularly! Miss you all!

utmommy said...

Cute outfits!! I love them. You'll look amazing!