Friday, December 29, 2006

The Largest Piñata in the World

...at least I think it is. What do you think?


This was taken December 22, and yes, those are real-live maternity jeans I am wearing. I finally gave in.

My parents finally made it to Big City Friday at midnight. We had a great time with them except for fact that 67% of us fell victim to a 24 hour flu bug.

We took my parents to an awesome flower market in downtown Big City.



They sell the freshest flowers for practically nothing along with fruit, veggies, and of course "little" piñatas.



I finished up a purchase and my kids were all crouched on the ground oooo-ing and awww-ing over the cute little "mouse" they had discovered:

Yes, that would be a huge icky RAT. Yuck.

We made sugar cookies with Grandma.



Here's one of Juan Carlos' works of art, personally decorated with his gooey little frequently-licked-fingers and a half of a jar of sprinkles:

Doesn't that just look tasty? Thanks, I'll pass on that one.

We did fondue for Christmas Eve.


And, being in a Latin country, we of course had to celebrate with some kind of fireworks:


I hope everyone had as much fun as we did!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds great! Love the flower market! If you bought flowers, I hope they remain complete and uncut in your vases until the day you throw them out!

Happy New year! You look great in your maternity jeans!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun! You look GREAT pregnant.

Sketchy said...

Wow look at those giant sparklers! Well giant pinatas too. We had some of those extra lovingly decorated cookies at our house too. They were my favorites giving out on the cookie plates, so fun!

You look great in the first picture btw!

nikko said...

Pregnancy looks great on you. I'm so glad that your parents made it down there (finally!). It looks like you've had lots of fun.

Lana said...

yeah! looks like sooo much fun!

utmommy said...

Looks fun! My kids saw the pinata and they want one just like it!

Super Happy Girl said...

OMGosh Gabs! we also love Tony Chachere's (I see it on your Christmas table), it is a must to any meal, as important as Tabasco and Cholula sauce, I believe.

ooooh awww...a rat :P ha ha! your kids are so cute :)

That piñata is HUGE!, not jus the one in el zócalo, but the ones in the mercado are enormous, love them.

I bet I have written this about 10 times already, but I think your parents are awesome. Look at your mom, making cookies :D
Looks like you had a great time and living la vida loca.

aubrey said...

that first picture is awesome! i love the cathedral looking thing behind the giant pinata and the pinata itself!

Anonymous said...

You look so GREAT!!!!

Love the flower market photo! Looks like you have all fully enjoyed the holidays! What a fun place to be!

the lizness said...

Hey! Looks like you had a fabulous time!

I have a new blog address http://thelizness.blogspot.com

come and visit me!

Super Happy Girl said...

¡Feliz Dia de Reyes!
So, do you guys do it?
Do you the presents, the rosca and abuelita?

Melissa said...

My boys would love a pinata like that!!

Looks like you had a great time!!

Kristen said...

Sounds great!! And that is one huge pinata.

Karla said...

Glad you have been having a great time in spite of the flu-bug!