I know. It's been the Pedro Show around here lately.
Humor me here people.
I'm having a bit of a mid-life crisis-my baby turned one and now my oldest is about to turn 10. How am I old enough to have a kid in the double digits? I'm still like 24-right???
In an attempt to capture this moment in time I will share with you what Pedro is like right now.
- Pedro is a super easy-going baby. Only a handful of times in his life, and those were all during the first few months, has he cried and I couldn't console him. He almost never cries. He whines when he's hungry or tired or really bored, but other than that the kid is just content.
- Only on rare occasions does Pedro show his dark side:
- Although Pedro didn't want to eat solids at first, he now eats pretty much everything. His favorite things are bananas, pasta, and mango.
- Pedro is very coordinated, but also very cautious. It only took him one fall off the bed to remember that he has to turn himself around. He crawled at 8 months and is now standing by himself, but he doesn't walk yet even though his little legs are strong-I think he just doesn't want to fall. Once he starts walking, I'm pretty sure he'll run later the same day.
- Pedro loves music. The magnetic toy in the photo above plays music when he hits the button. He spends a lot of his waking hours dancing in front of the fridge.
- Pedro loves to make messes. He's recently learned how to turn on the bidet. Water + toliet paper = BIG MESS.
- Pedro loves to swim. Margarita and I will stand in the pool about 3 ft apart and send him back and forth between us-he doesn't mind at all going under the water. When he comes up he claps.
- If there's any category I'd give Pedro anything less than an A+ it would be in the sleep department. The kid still doesn't sleep through the night and I'm starting to wonder if he ever will. My body has pretty much adjusted to it so I'm not too tired. I do hope for a whole night's sleep in the year to come.
- Pedro really has a thing for birds. My other kids have liked dogs and cats, but Pedro is a bird guy.
- He only says two words right now with any regularity. "Bird" (see above), and "Meow" when he sees Ron or Kitty. Sometimes he'll say "Mama" and he used to say "bye-bye" but he's given that up for a simple wave.
- Pedro got his first tooth at 7 1/2 months and now has 7 teeth.
- Pedro wakes up happy.
- Pedro makes me want to have 5 more babies just like him which really freaks Gaupo out.
I don't want him to grow up. How can I stop this from happening???