I stopped giving updates on my mom's horrific travel experience because I figure I was jinxing myself. Here's a quick update.
- Tuesday 8:00 am: my mom left her house in Colorado
- Tuesday 9:00 am: Realized she needed, and didn't have, a travel visa to travel to Brazil
- Tuesday 11:00 am: Flew the first leg of the trip to DC
- Wednesday 2:00: received the visa (this was a minor miracle)
- Wednesday 4:00: went to airport, couldn't get out that night due to a full flight, but was given a seat on Thursday night's flight
- Thursday 7:00 pm: calls to tell us all is well, she was checked in, flight was set to leave at 9:00pm
- Friday 3:00 am: finally made it to a hotel after the airline postponed the flight
- Friday 9:00 am: back to airport
- Friday 2:00 pm: FINALLY IN FLIGHT
She's set to arrive tonight around 2:00 am. Guapo and I are going to pick her up with Sergio; we will be accompanied by an armoured "chase car" with men that are packing heat (what's more bloggable than a chase car???). That time of night in these parts isn't that safe.
Always an adventure.