Thursday, May 11, 2006

I really should just retire. . .

Well, my blogging days are coming to an end.

Did you see my post yesterday? I got twenty four comments. 24. 2-4. And, there was not a single comment from a family member, or any fake comments from Guapo; not even one from Grammy whom I can always depend on for a comment because she feels sorry for me and my low-yielding comment blog.

Nope. 24 honest to goodness comments. And, if that weren't enough, one was from from Daring Young Mom and another was from Shannon. My blogging idols.

It cannot get any better than this; I had better just quit now because anything from here on out is going to be a huge let down. I tell myself I don't care about comments, that I am just doing this for myself and to record a little bit about our lives here in Mexico, blah, blah, blah. But who am I kidding? I love getting comments!

Lest you think I am boasting, I know the only reason I got said 24 comments is because of Shannon's excellent "Works For Me Wednesday" idea. It really was ingenious. We get to bounce around visiting each other's blogs and taking in some great tips. I love it. The problem is, now with the the 24 comment post, I am sitting here thinking, "I've got noth-ing." Nothing for next week's tip. It's a lot of pressure.

So, I really should quit, but I'm afraid I am a blogaholic. I am addicted to blogging. There. I've said it. So even if I really wanted to quit, which I don't, I probably couldn't even do it without some kind of 12-step program and a unconditionally-loving, non-judgmental support group which I think is going to be pretty hard to come by here in Small Town Mexico.

So, I'll be back.

BTW-What'd you think of Chris Daughtry getting the boot? Margarita (8 yrs) is a mess today. He was her pick to win. Of course, here in Small Town, we are a week behind, so for us, he doesn't really get kicked off until next Wednesday.

Oh, and one more thing: thanks for the comments! You guys are the best!

21 comments:

Brooke said...

Please don't quit, you're link is on my blogroll now and it would be such a hassle to take it off. :)

Well, if Chris doesn't become a huge star anyway, I'll be suprised. He was my pick too, but I didn't vote.

Anonymous said...

Gabriela, I will help you retire if you really want to. I can't imagine what it would be like if I didn't have to ask you if our conversation is "on the record, or off the record." Although I have to admit that I've come to really enjoy your blog! I'm sure you'll come up with another of the coveted comment goldmines before too long.

Grammy said...

Now! You are finally getting the comments you deserve. Go you! And thanks for the plug, by the way. I always read you because I love keeping up with you. No pity comments here.

Super Happy Girl said...

You can't quit, who will post baby-monkey pictures and blog-stalk me?
Besides, just so you know, I think that the Make Browniepasta post was pure genious ("My green blankie is broken", who can top that??).

Reminds me of a quote: “Just when I thought that I was out, they pull me back in” (Michael Corleone)

Chris Daughtry, waahhh! I couldn’t believe it, I always thought he was going to win. Hey, at least in your time zone he’s still in AI.

Read you later

momofalltrades said...

You can't quit! LOL I'm no pity commenter either! I'm so glad you had a huge response!

the lizness said...

you deSERVE all the comments! I have no more tips either, it was a one shot wonder last week.

Anonymous said...

You are the bomba!!I knew it was only a matter of time. You are dang good at this blogging thing. We are all addicted!

Erickson Family said...

Please don't quit! I confess that I enjoy your blog more than any other and would be so sad if you signed off.

And Chris leaving AI was truly devastating. I'm still depressed over it!

Gabriela said...

You guys are all so sweet. I was never really thinking of quiting, I'm just being a smart-alek (sp?).

the lizness said...

I just read your comment about the site meter - that is too funny, because I kept wondering in the early stages of my first blog (now deleted) "Who do I know in Oregon?" and that's where my server is too. in site meter you can choose to ignore your own ip address so when you check your blog for comments every 5 minutes like I do (!) it won't count your visits.

I should get a button that says "I stalk my own blog" :)

the lizness said...

that's right - hide the addiction :)

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO!!! I am still trying to break the 2-0 comment mark...maybe someday! Please don't quit blogging...yours is one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

What will my mornings be like without your blog? I'm sure you'll have a tip raring to go by next week. We just had THREE power outtages this week and if not for your "handy blackout box", I would be scrambling and bumping around a pitch-black house trying to find my flashlights. I was actually happy during the first blackout because I knew exactly where to get my stuff!

Anonymous said...

the whole chris thing has me totally done watching that show.
grr.
Although---would be a blessing that he is not trapped by the IDOL WINNER contracts. Gives him a chance to do his own thing!
Which..I'm convinced he will.

Anonymous said...

Ok, we are major American Idol fans and lately, I have been reading the message boards at the AI web site. We were all super sab about andwant to see Elliott gone. BTY did you know Ace from home? His older brother graduated with you.

Rachelle said...

Comments are great! I love getting comments. That's why I leave so many. And to get one from DYM and Shannon in the same day, now that is lucky. I'd die of shock if that happened to me!

Anonymous said...

Oh, please don't quit. I enjoy your freezer Friday ideas! I have made the mini meatloafs twice already! They are great! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hey-if you are not retiring then where are you? Where is Freezer Food Friday? Where, Where, Where?

Blackeyedsue said...

Ditto to Rachelle 100%!!!!! I would flip if Shannon and DYM commented on mine. They are the blogging ICONS!!! You really should feel good about yourself, you are one of my favorite reads!

smart mama said...

i know how you feel the other day i had a woman, indias first podcaster, reviews blogs on "all things indian" send people over yo read my bollywood dreams-- ah such cyber fame

Nettie said...

Congratulations! And please don't go! I would miss you, too!