Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Help!!!

I know, two posts in one day, what is the world coming to?

Just a quick post to mark what could be a significant change in our lives.

Today a friend called for Margarita (10 1/2 years). Not to set up a playdate, not to ask what the homework was in math class, but because she was "bored". She called...

Just.to.talk.

She got on right as I was taking Juan Carlos to his swimming class, and she was just getting off when I got home-about 50 minutes later.

She said, brimming with enthusiasm, "I've never talked on the phone just to talk. That was fun!"

At least it wasn't a boy, right?

9 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

Wow, you are in for it. My parents got lucky with me, I am very much not a phone chatter.

lizzy-loo said...

and so it begins.

Anonymous said...

Make it stop! I can't stand how fast she is growing.
The quilting is AMAZING! I can't believe that that was a hobby you picked up when we were neighbors. You have really developed that talent. Way to go!

Unknown said...

Oh yes, the fun of having a girl has just begun! Say goodbye to your open phone lines.

I am a lot like you with projects. I don't stop working on a project until it is done, which can often result in unhappy children around me.
You have a great quilting talent! I hope we get to see the finished friendship quilt. What a neat idea!

Grammy said...

Good for her! I'm so glad that she has friends and is happy and secure and had a good time talking on the phone. I know just how she feels, b ecause I got to talk with you today and it was exactly that much fun for me!

Anonymous said...

...hold on tight....this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness...

Ballerina Girl said...

a new chapter has begun, but it will be a fun one...
Margarita is such a sweet girl! I bet a lot of boys will be calling before you know it (ha, especially here!)
BG

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

just wait for the cell phone requests. And just for the record- UNLIMITED TEXTING or you will regret it- $$$ :) Haven't done a teenage daughter yet- but boys can be just as fun. Thanks for visiting- I actually got after my son for checking my blog during the week- but I figured it must be you after he denied it being him.

Super Happy Girl said...

Welcome sister, we have been expecting you ;)

Ah, the grow up so fast. Next she'll need texting.