Thursday, October 16, 2008

Julio's Best Birthday EVER!!! (...at least for me)

Hello from Buenos Aires, Argentina!



(we just arrived this evening, so this is the best photo I've got so far of the city.)

This month Julio is celebrating his 8th birthday and we offered him either a) an American-style birthday party (read: totally lame compared to the Brazilian party that our kids are dying to have) or b) a special trip to Argentina with just me and Guapo.

...and he chose the trip! (with little or no coaching from me, I might add)

You don't know what good news this was for me; birthday parties totally stress me out. Sure he had fun last year, and the year before that there was the funny thing with the boy that we were sure was a girl, but, it always takes me days to prepare for and even longer to recover from children's birthday parties.

So, not only do I not have to have one, I also get to visit Argentina for a few days without the entire crew. The best part is, we get to spend time with just Julio which doesn't happen that often. We are going to have a great time!

Tonight we ate at a great Argentine steakhouse whose decor was all about soccer-perfect for Julio.



Tomorrow we'll be touring the city on some kind of double-decker bus.

Happy Birthday Julio, we love you!

12 comments:

lizzy-loo said...

julio, we love you and miss you. what a special birthday treat. We especially like the glasses and moustache.

nikko said...

What a great idea! Have a fun time!

Code Yellow Mom said...

I totally love the IDEA of a birthday party, but every time I throw one, I think, NEVER AGAIN.

Congrats on scoring a trip to Argentina for Julio's. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIO!!!

andalucy said...

Wow! How fun! I think Julio made an excellent choice. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Julio! My older K sends her warmest greetings too. She's wondering how her best friend in small city Mexico is faring.

Janet said...

Happy Birthday to Julio!
What a fun birthday present! Steve will be so jealous...I won't tell him. :)

Ballerina Girl said...

Looks like it was a great start!
Can't wait to hear all about it and se the pics!
BG
I hope Julio had the best brithday...he semed pretty happy the other day too! Good for you all!!

Lynne said...

What a fun birthday! I can't believe how old your kids are getting. They are getting to experience so much living all over South America. They must be very well rounded children.

marine's words said...

Happy Birthday Julio!!

looks like you all had a very nice time.marina

Ballerina Girl said...

got another award waiting for you ;)
BG

Kari said...

Argentina for a child's birthday! Fantastic. (I can relate 100% to being stressed about kids' birthday parties. They kill me.)

Super Happy Girl said...

That's awesome! When I read the title I thought maybe you had only invited 20 people ;)