Friday, October 31, 2008

Why October Was Such a Great Month

The stuff you already know:

1. Instead of planning and executing a difficult birthday party, I got to go to Argentina.

2. Alfajores.

3. My little sister announced that she's expecting.

4. We got to go to a soccer game.

5. Pam and Jim kissed!

6. Julio got baptized.

And now for the new good news:

7. We bought tickets to go home for the holidays! I can't tell you what this does for me. Holidays overseas are not easy, especially Christmas. It was ok last year, if you like sweating A LOT while you open your presents. I cried yesterday because it's Halloween today and we are not there to trick-or-treat. So, to know that we will be at home for Christmas and New Year's will keep me in a good mood until December!

8. My very cute and talented sister-in-law announced that along with my sister, she too is expecting! They are due 6 weeks apart. Yeah! What's better than TWO new babies in the family? Here she is with one of my aunts:



And here's her goofy husband (my brother, whom the kids lovingly refer to as "Uncle Monkey",. I can't imagine why.):

No, that's not his real hair. Now that I think about it, he probably won't like that I am posting this picture because he really is a good looking fellow. hmmmmm, oh well. He never reads my blog anyway!

So, as you can see, it's been one of the better months. :)

Happy Halloween (speaking of the which, the kids went to school dressed up today. Not for Halloween, but for a "Spirit Day". If you remember correctly, we already "went" to Halloween, last Saturday.)!

10 comments:

Lynne said...

That's so great you get to come home for Christmas!! I bet your family loves it too!!

Janice said...

Oh how wonderful for you. Again, I am jeolous about the alfajores

Janet said...

That is exciting! It's always good to have something to look forward to, especially a fun trip!

I love Margarita's costume! If it makes you feel any better. It seems like Halloween is dying down a little. I won't be surprised when people quit taking their little ones out to knock on strangers doors.

Awesome Mom said...

Awesome! I am bummed that we will not be able to celebrate Christmas with any family this year.

Ave said...

I like the title of your post. It is good to acknowledge and count your blessings, it brings good karma. It sounds like you had a great month and life is good!

lizzy-loo said...

yeah, christmas at home! enjoy. glad "the halloween " is over so margarita can be happy.

marine's words said...

I am so happy for you to becoming home for the holidays !!! that is good news ") marina

Ballerina Girl said...

I am so excited for all of you Gabriela!
I know it will be a great December for you too!!!
Thank you for the D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S alfajores!

See you soon....
BG
ps-great Halloween story!

Unknown said...

Hi Gabriella! Its your sister. :) Loved your posting, you are so sweet. We are going in for our 12 week appointment today and I'm so excited. I can't wait to see how big my baby peanut is now. Maybe by Christmas it'll be the size of a sugar plum. :) As for the pic of my gorgeous husband, yea, I'd like to say that he would be embarassed of it but I think I'm more embarassed by it than he is. haha My one hope is that our baby doesn't come out looking like a monkey! :)
Love and XO's sister, we miss you & can't wait to see you for Christmas!!!

Super Happy Girl said...

WOOO HOOOO!!! October rocked!

Awwww,your SIL does read your blog :)

Team Jim and Pam!