Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Let Sleeping Babies Lie

I always get kind of jealous when I read Maine Mom's blog. Quite frequently (at least it seems to me), she'll post a picture of one of her babies sleeping in some random place, at some random time. It's so cute!

My kids just don't do that. For the most part they will only sleep in their beds at their nap time or bedtime. None of them would even fall asleep in my arms at church when they were exhausted (am I doing something wrong??? Am I not a good bouncer? Arms not soft enough? What is it???)

Pedro did fall asleep that one time in the library, but that wasn't under my supervision, (the librarians kidnapped him for a while). They probably bounced him with their soft arms and then laid him on the ground:



Well, finally, he did it on my watch last week and I have a picture to prove it:



Then I had a vague memory of Margarita doing the same thing long ago, and sure enough I found a picture of her sleeping in her highchair:



And, while I was looking for that picture I found this bonus one of her sleeping on the floor:



I have no recollection of it, but it's really cute. I especially like the one sock on, one sock off thing she's got going on.

She looks almost as comfortable as kitty:



So, in 10 1/2 years and 4 kids, I have only had my kids fall asleep in non-conventional places approximately 4 times.

11 comments:

andalucy said...

Cuuuuute! Especially with the one strand of spaghetti hanging out!!

I don't think I have any photos of my kids falling asleep in a random place. And I don't remember them ever doing it, either.

nikko said...

My kids never do that, either, unless they're sick! I think each of them have fallen asleep once in the high chair, but that's about it.

Anonymous said...

too cute!

Tyler and Karen Davis said...

Those photos are priceless. I think you can make money on that spaghetti photo. We are dying.

Abby said...

That noodle is amazing--you couldn't have posed it better!

If they don't fall asleep for you because your arms are too hard, I wouldn't think of that as such a bad thing. I'd take toned arms and an awake baby over flabby arms and a sleeping baby any day;)

Awesome Mom said...

My kids don't do that too often either. I wish that they would nap more in church but generally they are wide awake ready to go even at a young age.

Ballerina Girl said...

so adorable Gabriela!!!
I love the one sock on/off too!!! It reminds me of some sing song but I can't think of how it goes right now! hahaha
I have a pic somewhere of my older one falling asleep while eating too, but not the little spunky one!
She fell asleep easily, but NEVER took a nap after about the first year!
BG

Janet said...

My kids are in that club too. I have a couple of high chair pictures too but they were crib/bed only nappers.

That spaghetti picture is priceless!

lizzy-loo said...

they love you so much they don't want to miss any time with you!

Super Happy Girl said...

Margarita without a sock, asleep on top her toys is hilarious.
I love it when kids fall asleep in fun places :D

Janae said...

I just clicked over from Joey's blog...you've got some seriously cute photos here:) what a cutie your little one is.